Home Discussion Forums Announcements Ebay Authorization/API call failure – Updated 9/9 10 AM

This topic contains 35 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Alan Yeh 6 days, 3 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    John Manning
    John Manning

Starting this weekend, users have been experiencing eBay API call failures due to token authorization issues. We’ve traced the problem to size of the tokens being returned and have updated the program to accommodate the new larger size. In order to work with the new token sizes, all SixBit users will need to upgrade to version 4.00.015.
    Update 9/9/2019 10 AM
    We’re working with eBay to resolve this issue as to why the Tokens are suddenly longer and to increase the call limit to prevent this from affecting users on all versions of SixBit. I’ll let you know when we have more information.

Issues we’ve seen today for the 4.00.015 workaround:
    You may need to uninstall your current Sixbit version first before installing it. We’ve seen issues with the installer not replacing the old version automatically.
    After upgrading, if you still are unable to refresh, make sure you go into your Business Profiles and reauthorize all of your eBay Seller Accounts in Sixbit. This will get new tokens and you should be good from that point forward.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
    John

Senior Developer

Robert Valvo
    Participant

Hello John!

I have not uploaded to version 4.00.015. I refreshed ebay token and all seems to be listing / refreshing fine now…

Is version 4.00.015 a full release or is it a beta? I know it is has been a while since a full release…

Will the update automatically pop up in the dashboard like other full releases in the past?

Thank you for your assistance…

Kind Regards

Rob

John Manning
    John Manning

Hi Rob,

Currently a beta, but should be moving to full later today so it will show with an update link. The calls may work if you have a smaller token, but eBay has begun to return larger ones, causing the program to fail until it gets a smaller one returned. These excessive retries have caused the call limit to be reached prematurely, blocking all users at that point.

Senior Developer

Jeff Marksz
    Participant

I just updated the program, also went into user profile and reauthorized sixbit.  However, program is still not working.  I’m getting pictures could not be uploaded error.  What else do I need to do…I don’t want to miss the Sunday auction window, please respond ASAP

Greg Myroth
    Participant

Hi, we are not able to upload items to ebay or existing existing items. Is this because the API call failure you are discussing or is it something else? We are able to submit to Etsy.

Judith Tracey
    Judith Tracey
    Participant

Hi John:

Any ETA on a fix so I can plan my work flow accordingly.

Cathy
    Participant

Asked if we would need to wait until midnight again. The answer is yes.  Below is their full response:

<span class=”_5yl5″>Again, unfortunately. Until we get more people upgraded to 4.00.015 or we get eBay to increase our call limits, service will keep running out at around this time. I have let Mr. Slocum know as well as the entire development and support team and we are working on the best way to address this before it continues. With luck eBay will be quick to get back to us, or more people will update their version.</span>

Robert Valvo
    Participant

If it is that important that everyone upgrade to the new version 4.00.015 Sixbit should make it a full release asap…

Have updated with beta versions before and there were to many issues…

Please solve issue soon costing us all….

Karen Boeker
    Participant

Upgraded to 4.00.015.  Reauthorized.  Still get pictures could not be uploaded error.

Jamie Stephan
    Participant

Is this why I am getting error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object when I try to leave feedback?

Cathy
    Participant

yes, you are going to have to wait until midnight when the api call resets even though you upgraded

Everyone needs to switch to 4.00.015 tonight so we don’t do this again tomorrow

Ron DeCrane
    Participant

Where can we get the 4.00.015 release?

Sonia Gibson
    Participant
    Jeff Marksz
    Participant

had to figure that out myself

go to

client area/services/click on your active subscription/click latest download

close sixbit (back up your DB if you want).  Open the install file.  Make sure your AV is off…mine blocked the install.

Ron DeCrane
    Participant

Thanks, sure seems like we are on our own here. Trying to be the app for all retail sites is not working out so well. Is it time to look at options again? Has anyone found a “better”/”stable” alternative?

Communication is key here. If I had been informed yesterday that the issue might repeat I could have planned and scheduled on eBay instead of losing yet another day of listings. I’m not a happy customer. Rant off

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2019 SixBit Software. All rights reserved.