Home Forums Announcements Website Upgrades – possible outages

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  jryan 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jryan
    Keymaster

We will be performing website upgrade tasks during the month of January. Please be advised that certain portions of the website may be unavailable at certain times.

If you need to download the installer and cannot get to the website to do so, please send an email to support@sixbitsoftware.com and we’ll get you a direct download link.

The SixBit forums may be offline for an extended period while we migrate the existing forum content over to the new platform. Hopefully I can keep BAM from picking on me about this being the 11th or 12th iteration of the SixBit forums. I’ve already tested the migration script and it works nicely. All post content will be migrated across and it will still be associated with your account, but account avatars will not be.

Some of you will be happy to hear that the new forum package is a lot closer to the old invision power board format than this one is.

There are a couple of other possible website features I’m working on that I won’t go into at the moment. For the time being I’m just trying to mainly get rid of that dreaded “J!WHMCS License Error” message that shows up everywhere and lay the framework for additional features as time goes on.

I’ll try to keep the down-time to a minimum and I ask for your patience while I break and repair all of the things. If you run into problems or have questions feel free to open a ticket or email support@sixbitsoftware.com which will do the same thing as opening a ticket.

–JC Ryan
    SixBit Support

jryan
    Keymaster

The first phase of testing is complete. The new forums are online.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2018 SixBit Software. All rights reserved.