Sixbit is well thought out except for listing efficiency. We are a very high volume business so efficiency is paramount. Here is my considerably long list of what it would take for this lister to be perfect.
1. Add a CTRL+D shortcut which triggers "duplicate listing", AND automatically opens the duplicate into editor. Right click, duplicate, scroll down, double click to open is ridiculous. I roll my eyes every time I have to do this, which is over 300 times a day.
2. Add "title" and "condition description" check boxes to the Custom Duplication list. I don't want the title or condition description duplicated when I duplicate an item. Can this list be set differently on different computers? If not, we need it to be.
2. Category selector is extremely inefficient. We really need this to be addressed.
A. Category tier arrows are incredibly small targets to hit with a mouse click. It's impossible to go quickly. Remove the arrows, and add a large clickable category box
dedicated to the next tier that is being selected. (see attached image of category selector from our previous lister which is far superior)
B. The drop-down lists need to be Keyboard searchable. So if I type D then it jumps down to the first in the list that starts with D, or if I type "Den" it jumps down to Denmark.
Having to look down the whole list to find it everytime is SO SLOW.
C. The category ID box needs to have a dedicated section that is shown all the time. I use this constantly, and having to click the icon to show the box, then select the box,
then type, then click ok is SLOW. The box should always be there, and Enter key needs to trigger "OK". (see attached image)
D. Store category lists are in completely random order. It should be alphabetical. I would prefer that the tiers are eliminated entirely and make it one long list. If you're going to
insist on selecting each tier separately, find a way to do away with the tiny arrows. We need large targets for speed.
3. Icon to add pictures is way too small. Make the whole white space in the picture area clickable to add pictures (if none are present). Bigger targets are better.
4. Would like a section in Options with checkboxes for every line item in the listing editor. There probably 10 fields on my screen right now that we never use (yes, I've already customized the window), and I'd rather not have them there jumbling up the screen.
5. Would like the shipping tab to only contain the shipping policy box. I would like to see that box all of the time, but I don't want to see the other fields that are on the shipping tab.
6. Would like the submission process to be slightly changed. Currently, I select scheduled time, submit, and then pictures start getting uploaded. However, I don't know how long that's going to take. So sometimes I guess wrong, and the pictures are finished a few minutes after I scheduled my first item. Then, I'm assuming sixbit dumps the ones up there all at once that are now past on their scheduled time. This is not good for auction items. We need them spaced apart. Ideally, should be able to highlight items, click submit button, then there should be a button in that window to submit pictures. Once the picture have submitted, now I can set their scheduled time.
7. Maybe I just haven't figured out how to do this yet, but we need to be able to set different "look and feel" settings on different computers. We have different size monitors and need different settings. Right now, when somebody changes it, then all the other computers change when sixbit is restarted.
8. As other users have requested, allow pictures to NOT be auto-renamed when stored outside of the database. Our SKUs match our picture names, and an easy way for us to double-check that the correct pictures have been added is to glance at the filenames. Since we had to switch over to pictures outside of the database, I'm getting constant complaints from my listing assistants that the filenames no longer match.