SixBit User Forum

Where shared knowledge and experience are on display for the benefit of the entire SixBit Community.
  1. Kevin Bentz
  2. Beta Discussion
  3. Friday, 22 December 2017
This thing locks up every time I select "eBay Categories". Takes a few minutes and then finally displays them but then I can't do anything else.

As an added bonus, all my compatibility info is missing also.
Chotii Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
This is also happening to me. Can we revert to the stable previous version? I do my work on the weekend and right now can't work. :(
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Beta Discussion
  3. # 1
Jovita Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Have you tried to restore a previous database backup from just before the install to see if it brings your compatibilities back? I'll be curious to see what mine looks like, but away from that computer right now.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Beta Discussion
  3. # 2
Brandon Thompson Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Whoops. Looks like one of our controls was having a fit switching 'to' the eBay Categories tab. We got that fixed for the next beta, but I think I have a feasible work around for until we get that beta build out though.

If you move your eBay Categories tab to be visible when you save your item window layout, it should start loading better for you. The action of switching to the tab is what causes that slowness so this will eliminate that step. It doesn't seem to have any trouble loading when it's visible on startup of the Item Window.
https://sixbitsoftware.com/images/sbonly_logo_small.png - Developer
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Beta Discussion
  3. # 3
Ruben Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Brandon, Maybe you could also fix the Catagory dropdown so that it opens all the way like it did before, instead of having to scroll down using the slide bar on the right side.
Thanks
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Beta Discussion
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
Would that I could. Sadly there's a fine line between what's possible to modify in those controls and what isn't. We get a bunch of controls from different companies so behavior for the most part is left to the mercy of their judgement.

So in other words, we can tell our program to defer processing on the category bar (what we had to do to fix the loading issue), but we can't easily control how the control is laid out, like whether you can scroll or not.

On the other hand the scrollbar could be saving some users from having their history go off the screen so for them it might be beneficial. Quite the balancing act, this stuff. ;)
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Beta Discussion
  3. # 5
Nabachandar Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Brandon,

Is there an ETA as to when the new build will be out? Our users are also reporting various issues which might be tied to the issue you are describing. We wanted to test out the new build ASAP to see if the issue is related or not.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Beta Discussion
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
We're going to be releasing that build here in an hour or two actually. The version is 3.00.298 and if you have beta notifications on SixBit should notify you when it's ready.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Beta Discussion
  3. # 7
Nabachandar Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Delay issue seems to be resolved on our end. We will report back as we continue testing if we notice any further issues.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Beta Discussion
  3. # 8
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.